Latest News from Hataka
By Matt Bittner
HTK-AS28 "Falklands Conflict paint set vol. 2"
For many modelers who begun their adventure with military aviation in scale in 1980s, the Falklands (Malvinas) conflict of 1982 was one of those extraordinary topics – a real conflict in cold war world. Although it was soon superseded by pictures and stories from Operation Desert Storm and the next conflicts in the Persian Gulf area, it is still well remembered and often becomes a topic of brilliant airplane models. For those, who would like to try their skills modeling Argentinean or British planes of that time, Hataka Hobby prepared a series of original paint sets.
HTK-AS28 contains a careful selection of colours required for modeling of British planes of 1982, including detachments of RAF, Fleet Air Arm (FAA), Royal Marines and Army Air Corps. The set contains:
• HTK-A140 - BS Extra Dark Sea Grey - BS381C:640, overall colour of FAA's Sea Harrier FRS.1s (800 NAS - HMS Hermes, 801 NAS - HMS Invincible)
• HTK-A141 - BS Medium Sea Grey - BS381C:637, used for upper surfaces of Sea Harrier FRS.1s (809 NAS). Also in upper camo of RAF Avro Vulcan B.2s
• HTK-A142 - Camouflage (Barley) Grey - BS381C:626, used on underside wing and tailplanesof Sea Harrier FRS.1s (809 NAS, HMS Hermes and HMS Invincible)
• HTK-A143 – BS Dark Green - BS381C:641, used in wraparound scheme of RAF Harrier GR.3s and on upper sides of Avro Vulcan B.2s and Chinook HC.1
• HTK-A144 - BS Dark Sea Grey - BS381C:638, used for lower surfaces of RAF Avro Vulcan B.2s and in upper camo of RAF Harrier GR.3s and Chinook HC.1
• HTK-A145 - RAF Blue-Grey - BS381C:633, overall colour of FAA's Sea King HAS.5, Sea King HAS.2 and Wasp HAS.1 anti-submarine helicopters
• HTK-A146 - BS Olive Drab - BS381C:298, overall colour of FAA's Sea King HC.4s and Wessex HU.5s. Also in camo of 3rd Commando helicopters
• HTK-A125 - NATO Black - Used for lower surfaces of RAF Chinook HC.1. Also in green-black camo of 3rd Commando Gazelle and Scout helicopters
HTK-AS31 "Early WW2 German AFV | panel lighting set"
This is the next set in a series of Hataka Hobby products designed for achieving realistic effects of wear and tear on AFV models via different painting and weathering techniques.
From mid-1937 a new camouflage scheme of DunkelbraunNo. 45 and Dunkelgrau No. 46 was officially introduced onto German AFVs. By mid-1940 Dunkelgrau became the basis camouflage paint of all AFVs except those used by German Polizei and military units of SS, which used their own Grün colour during pre-war and early WW2 years.
HTK-AS31 contains 6 paints thoroughly composed for use inpanel lighting technique on models of Early WW2 German AFVs.
For modelers interested in Polizei / SS vehicles the set contains a base colour HTK-A161 Polizei / SS Grün Base, HTK-A162 Polizei / SS Grün Shadow used to less shaded parts of the model and HTK-A163 Polizei / SS Grün Flash for fading effect.
For modelers building standard Wehrmacht vehicles in panzer grey finish, the set contains a base colour HTK-A164 Panzer Dunkelgrau Base, HTK-A165 Panzer Dunkelgrau Shadowused to less shaded parts of the model and HTK-A166 Panzer Dunkelgrau Flash for fading effect.