Eduard 1/48 F6F-3 Decals-Part 2
This exciting decal sheet is for Eduard's Grumman F6F-6 Hellcat kit. It includes marking options for 5 colorful Hellcats. The aircraft are as follows:
1) “White 7”, flown by Cdr. Paul D. Buie, VF-16, USS Lexington (CV-16), November 1943. Navy Blue and Intermediate Blue over White with Intermediate Blue prop tip.
2) “White 17”, VF-33, Havannah Harbor, Efate Island, February 1944. Navy Blue and Intermediate Blue over White with natural metal prop tip.
3) “White 3”, VF-51, USS San Jacinto (CVL-30), November 1944. Navy Blue and Intermediate Blue over White with natural metal prop tip.
4) “White F 14”, Lt. Robert R. Burnell, VF-27, USS Princeton (CVL-23), October 1944. Navy Blue and Intermediate Blue over White with Intermediate Blue prop tip, plus VERY colorful nose art!
5) “Black X-2”, Atlantic City Naval. This Hellcat was overall Yellow with a red cowling ring and landing gear.
The decals are up to Eduard’s customary standards. They are crisply printed, fully legible, in register and have excellent color.
Eduard's F6F Hellcats have been around for a while and ther're the most accurate Hellcat kits on the market. If you're looking for something different in a camouflage scheme for your F6F-3 you'll find it on this great decal sheet from Eduard. I recommend this decal sheet and I would like to thank Eduard for the review sample.