Print Scale 1/72 Republic P-47 Thunderbolt Part 2 Decals
By Matt Bittner
- P-47D-30-RE, "Torrid Tessie", 346th Fighter Squadron (FS), 350th Fighter Group (FG), 12th Air Force (AF), Italy 1944: natural metal overall with an olive drab anti-glare panel; rudder was finished in black checks
- P-47D, 86th FS, 79th FG, Italy, early 1945: natural metal overall with Olive Drab anti-glare panel, bottom section of cowling red
- P-47D, "Ole-Miss Lib", flown by Lt. Thomas W. Smith Jr., 63rd FS, 56th FG, 8th AF, early 1945: two-tone blue camouflage on top, with natural metal undersides, cowling front red and rudder mid-blue
- P-47D-30-RE, GC II/5 "Lafayette", based at Corsica, 1944: natural metal overall, olive drab anti-glare panel, red cowling front and French roundels in six places
- P-47D-30-RE, flown by Capt. Gerard de Pins, commander of GC I/4 "Navarre", January 1945: olive drab/neutral gray scheme
- P-47D, Soviet Air Force: olive drab over gray
All P-47s are "bubble tops". Decals are a little flat, but appear to be in register and decently printed. My biggest complaint is with the instructions as they contain port-fuselage-side views only; no uppers, no starboard, and no underside views. You may want to track down more references before using the decals to be sure of where they are placed on the non-port fuselage sides.
Thank you to Print Scale for sending these to review.