Brengun 1/72 EMW Wasserfall C2
By Matt Bittner
I suggest reading my First Look to get a better understand of what the Wasserfall was, and what the kit's box contains.
I decided to glue on all the upper fins before moving to the lower ones. I had to pay close attention to fit, to make sure the gaps weren't huge, but even so I used some Apoxie to smooth everything together. Once the upper fins were on, then attention moved to the lower ones and the same procedure was applied: fit, sand, fit, etc., then smooth out the joins with Apoxie. Thankfully the control fins didn't need any seam attention, so those were easy to add. Although, do dry fit anyway, because you don't want obvious seams, just enough of a line to give them impression of where they moved.
There are four schemes represented on the kit bottom this missile can be finished in. While I think three of them are "what-if" schemes, I can't be sure but the "black and white" scheme is probably what the prototypes were finished in. In any event, I decided to go with the Dunkelgelb scheme just because I had the Vallejo paint available for it. I sprayed the missile with it, and the "launch base" with Aeromaster's (actually Vallejo) acrylic. The panel lines were picked out with an oil wash of Van Dyke Brown while the "launch base" received a dary gray wash, and a light gray, oil dry brush. Once that was all dried, I sprayed both missile and base (after gluing together) with Xtracrylix Flat, and finished it all by applying a graphite rub to the wheels (to give it a worn, metallic sheen without being too bright).
My sincerest thanks to Brengun for allowing me to review this kit.